Projects and Initiatives
Organizational and Team Development
- Coaching of leadership- and program management for enterprise wide coordination and communication of the IPv6 program and vendor management.
- Plan and run internal Pv6 trainings (management-level, middle-management, IT architects, expert groups, application developers and strategic partners).
- Assistance in establishing an ITO (IPv6 Transition Office).
- Coaching of management teams to define vision and mission.
- Coaching of teams to identify resistance and optimization of collaboration.
- Moderation of workshops, retrospectives, big room planning
Planning for the introduction of IPv6
- Definition of IPv6 strategy including business vision, business and IT strategy. Definition of target architecture. Identify risks and opportunities.
- Assistance in developing an IPv6 adress and security concept.
- Support in evaluation of IPv6 compatiblity with vendors. Assistance in discussions with vendors. Making evaluations with vendors directly on behalf of the customer.
- Developing an internal and external communication concept for the IPv6 program.
- Definition of IPv6 requirements for applications with longer life cycles that are developed internally or externally. IPv6 education of application developers.
- Planung of diverse IPv6 initiatives in diverse organisations (industry, finance and banking, chemical industry, governments) with global networks.
Network- and Applicationperformance Analysis
- Analysis and identification of causes for low performance in complex networks and architectures (virtualized, load-balanced). Comparison of different locations. Identification whether performance loss is coming from the network or is application based (or both). Multiple projects, references on request.
- Evaluation of an open source strategy to replace Microsoft applictions by open source plattforms and products. Comparison of TCO over 5 years.
- Planning and implementation of a central mailrouting solution for diverse independent international mailsystems (Exchange/Groupwise) using identity management.
- Assessment of the application architecture for a financial institution. Evaluation whether the defined development guidelines have been respected and whether the application architecture is extendable and scalable.
- Consulting for design, planning and migration to a Microsoft environment.